Since we introduced this recipe, it has become the most frequently requested dish for catered events at our facility. We have converted people to love them!
2 lbs. fresh Brussels sprouts
1/4 cup olive oil
Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup walnuts
1 cup apple cider or apple juice
2 tbsp. cider vinegar
3 tbsp. minced shallot
3 tbsp. Dijon or grainy whole mustard
1/2 cup olive oil
- Preheat convection oven to 375 F. Clean brussels sprouts, trim stems and remove outer leaves; reserve leaves if undamaged. Cut sprouts in half.
- Place sprouts and outer leaves in a bowl; toss with olive oil. Spread out in single layer on a sheet pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Oven roast sprouts in convection oven for 10 to 15 minutes until they start to brown. With spatula, turn sprouts so they evenly brown.
- Add cranberries and walnuts; toss to blend. Roast an additional 5 to 10 minutes until crisp and browned.
- Meanwhile, prepare vinaigrette: Combine apple cider, vinegar and shallots in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until reduced to 1/4 cup. Remove from heat; whisk in mustard and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve Brussels sprouts warm, or cool to room temperature and toss with vinaigrette.
Yield: 8 servings