The ribs were launched last fall, and the slow-cooked, fall-off-the-bone recipe made it such a resident favorite, they’re now on the menu year round. It’s not something you usually see at a long-term care facility.
1/2 cup seasoned salt
1/2 cup ground black pepper
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup garlic powder
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup onion powder
1/4 cup smoked paprika
2 cups apple cider vinegar
3 cups brown sugar
10 cups barbecue sauce
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup hot sauce
1/4 cup prepared mustard
50 lbs. bone-in pork ribs, cut into 3-oz. portions
- For dry rub: Combine all rub ingredients and set aside.
- For sauce: Mix all sauce ingredients and set aside.
- For ribs: Rub ribs with dry rub. Place in foil-covered 6-inch full pan with enough chicken stock to keep from burning, roughly two inches. Cook in convection oven on low, 250 F, for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove from oven and cover with sauce, reserving some for service.
- Cover and cook an additional 2 1/2 hours at 350 F until desired doneness (165 F internally).
- For service: Serve hot, roughly 3 ribs per portion, with extra sauce.