I created this dish for Fat Tuesday, incorporating the flavors of New Orleans. I realized it was a hit when I made it for a plated lunch and all the guests asked for seconds.
1 tbsp. kosher salt
1/2 cup Cajun seasoning
1-2 lbs. flank steak
1 tbsp. olive oil-canola blend
1 cup sour cream
2 limes, juiced
1 tbsp. ground cumin
Salt, to taste
- Combine salt and Cajun seasoning and rub all over steak; wrap in plastic wrap and put in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Add oil to cast iron skillet and heat to medium high. Sear both sides of steak until caramelized.
- Finish in oven to desired doneness, about 12 minutes on 350 F for medium-rare to medium. Let meat rest for at least 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine sour cream, lime juice, cumin and salt.
- For service: Slice meat against the grain and top with sour cream sauce.
Yield: 4-6 servings