Buffalo Mac & Chicken Cheese
Get your lunch line moving with this spiced up Mac & Cheese made with cooked macaroni, chicken, cheese and Campbell’s® Healthy Request® Cream of Chicken Soup.
- Campbell’s® Healthy Request® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup, 50 oz. can: 5 cans
- vegetable cooking spray
- celery stalks for plating
- whole wheat breadcrumbs: 5 c.
- Cheddar cheese, shredded: 25 c.
- cooked diced chicken, frozen, thawed: 20 c.
- water: 10 c.
- buffalo hot wing sauce, 20 tbsp.
- chili powder, 5 tbsp.
- celery, finely chopped 15 c.
- onion, finely chopped 15 c.
- vegetable oil, 10 tbsp.
- whole grain elbow macaroni, dry: 90 oz.
1. Cook pasta according to package directions (until just tender). Drain and cool. Reserve. CCP: Cool to 70°F within 2 hours and to 41°F within an additional 4 hours.
2. In saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions. Sauté for 5 minutes, or until onions begin to brown.
3. Stir in celery, chili powder and buffalo sauce. Cook 1 additional minute.
4. Add Campbell's® Healthy Request® Cream of Chicken Soup and water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for 2 minutes.
5. Stir in chicken and cheese. Return to a simmer. Reserve. CCP: Heat to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F for 1 minute. CCP: Hold for hot service at 140°F or higher until needed.
6. Fold cooked pasta into warm chicken-cheese sauce. Stir well to mix thoroughly. Reserve.
7. Spray the interiors of 2 short, half-hotel pans. Sprinkle interior of each sprayed pan with 2 tbsp. breadcrumbs. Divide pasta mixture between the 2 pans (approximately 2 1/2 qt. per pan). Sprinkle top of each pan with remaining crumbs (6 tbsp. per pan).
8. Bake at 400°F. for 2-25 minutes, or until mixture is bubbling and golden on top. Remove from heat. CCP: Hold for hot service at 140°F or higher until needed.
9. To serve, using a #4 scoop, portion 1 c. onto plate. As a side, serve with 6 celery sticks (about 3/8 c.). Serve immediately.
Yield: 100, 1 c. servings plus 6 celery sticks