A woman has filed a $5 million lawsuit against Mount Sinai Hospital, alleging that the kitchens were so dirty that an elderly patient contracted listeria bacteria and died, reports The New York Daily News.
Joann Mayor of Succasunna told the Daily News that her mother succumbed to the infection in the fall of 2012.
"You go to the hospital. You don't expect to get food poisoning," Mayor told the Daily News.
A Mount Sinai rep told the Daily News they are declining to comment on pending litigation.
Read the full story at The New York Daily News.