Chef Shane Schaibly first came to First Watch to push the culinary envelope, elevating the food to meet the brand’s level of service and design. As VP of culinary strategy for the full-service breakfast and brunch chain, he has since evolved the brand and its menu, introducing a fresh juice program across 400 locations, pioneering on-trend items such as avocado toast and elote, and launching a batch cocktail program. Listen as Schaibly shares how he has positioned First Watch as a premier breakfast and brunch destination, what’s ahead for 2021 and how he has kept the momentum going throughout the pandemic.
- Highland Community Hospital feeds the housebound through longtime partnership
- How Sonic integrates culinary and marketing to drive innovation
- From TikTok to Kimpton Hotels, butter boards just keep spreading
- CulinArt creates a menu template to support plant-forward eating in K-12 schools
- Foodservice operators have a new option for plant-based menu items
Want breaking news at your fingertips?
Click here or text FSD to (877) 281-7554 to receive text alerts from FoodService Director and get the news and insights that matter to your operation.