Chef Lorraine Platman
Sweet Lorraine’s Fabulous Mac n’ Cheez
At this fast casual, customers have the choice of 14 different kinds of meat-topped and vegetarian macaroni and cheese dishes in two sizes—mini or mega—all made to order in less than two minutes. Guests can mix and match from 38 toppings and pack their order to go.
Mac and cheese
4 12-oz. cans evaporated milk
2 cups low-sodium vegetable stock
3 oz. unsalted butter
4 oz. all-purpose flour
2 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
2 lbs. shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese (some reserved for garnish)
1 tbsp. dry mustard
1 tbsp. kosher salt
2 lbs. precooked cavetelli pasta (or your choosing)
Fiesta fajita ingredients
Diced tricolor peppers
Diced white onions
Diced cherry tomatoes
Shredded pepper jack cheese
Pico de gallo
Precooked roasted chicken, beef, tofu or chorizo
- Heat evaporated milk and stock; simultaneously, melt butter in separate pot over medium heat. Whisk flour in with butter until combined.
- Slowly pour heated milk mixture into butter-flour mixture; whisk until smooth.
- Remove from heat and combine with remaining mac and cheese ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Toss heated sauce with precooked pasta; add in desired amounts fiesta fajita ingredients.
- Toss mixture, put in casserole dish and sprinkle top with extra cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 F until combination is hot, roughly 10-15 minutes. Top with additional ingredients, if desired, and serve.