Sparkling Sangria Cookies
Pastry chef Toni Roberts
The Ritz Carlton Chicago
Pastry chef Toni Roberts of the Ritz-Carlton Chicago combines red sangria puree with white chocolate, butter, sugar and flour to create these melt-in-your mouth cookies. The sparkly rose-colored treats would look festive on a holiday platter.
115 g red sangria blend
180 g white chocolate, melted
40 g butter, melted
85 g granulated sugar
160 g bread flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
Red food coloring, optional
Red, pink, and orange sparkle sugar mix
1. In large bowl, combine red sangria blend, melted white chocolate, melted butter, egg and sugar; mix to blend..
2. Sift together the flour and baking powder into a separate bowl. Blend the sifted ingredients into the sangria-white chocolate mix. Add few drops red food coloring, if desired. The dough will be loose.
3. Cover cookie dough with plastic wrap touching the surface; refrigerate overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 350 F or 325 F for convection. Scoop cookie dough into 1½-ounce portions onto parchment paper; roll in sparkle sugar mixture and transfer to sheet pans, placing 4 inches apart.
5. Bake cookies 12 to 15 minutes until centers are puffed and set. Allow to cool 10 minutes. Store in an airtight container.
Photo courtesy of The Perfect Puree