Source: University of Michigan
Featuring chocolate chips and coffee, this gluten-free pork loin dish has a balance of sweet and savory.
.33 lb. coffee
.34 lb. molasses syrup
.34 lb. ketchup
.15 lb. apple cider vinegar
.06 lb. yellow onion, diced into 1-in. pieces
.01 lb. fresh minced fresh garlic
.08 lb. semisweet chocolate chips
2.25 lb. pork tenderloin
- Mix together all ingredients except chocolate chips and pork.
- Place in kettle and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Using immersion blender, add chocolate chips and blend until smooth. Chill to 40°F or less.
- Take barbecue sauce and marinate pork tenderloins overnight.
- Drain pork and place on sheet tray and roast at 325°F for 30 minutes, or until internal temperature of 155°F is reached.
- Heat marinate to 165°F. Remove pork, rest 20 minutes and slice on bias.
- Place 3 ounces pork on plate with side choices and ladle 1-ounce sauce over pork.