Chefs at Sodexo created this dish for college and corporate dining operations, but it can just as easily fit into a restaurant’s Lenten menu. The combination of cod, olive oil, garlic, tomatoes and olives evokes the flavors and healthy cuisine of the Mediterranean region.
4 cod fillets (4 oz. each)
1 ¼ tsp. olive oil
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 zucchini, sliced
5/8 tsp. chopped garlic
4¾ oz. white wine
5 oz. cherry tomatoes
1¼ tsp. salt-free 17 seasoning
¾ oz. sliced ripe olives
Slivered lemon peel, for garnish
- Hold cod fillets in half hotel pan in refrigerator. Preheat oven 350 F.
- In saute pan over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onions, zucchini and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in wine, tomatoes and seasoning; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in olives; keep warm.
- Bake fish in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until it flakes easily and reaches an internal temperature of 145 F.
- For service, divide vegetable mixture among shallow bowls or plates; top with a piece of cod and garnish with lemon peel.
Photo courtesy of Sodexo USA