Italian Turkey Sausage
Source: Minneapolis Public Schools
Executive chef Ricardo Abbott says this sausage is a healthy way to create a popular topping to add to whole wheat pizzas.
10 lb. ground turkey
1 1/2 tbsp. kosher salt
1 tbsp. granulated garlic
1/2 tbsp. black pepper
1/4 cup paprika
1 tbsp. oregano leaves
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tbsp. fennel seed
2 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- Place ground turkey in large mixing bowl. Add rest of ingredients.
- Using the paddle attachment, mix ingredients on low for 2 minutes. Refrigerate, covered, for 24 hours.
- Divide sausage in half. Place each half on a full sheet pan and pat down until mixture is equally distributed over entire pan.
- Cover with 2 sheets on paper. Place another clean sheet pan on top of paper and press down.
- Bake in preheated 350°F convection oven for 10 minutes or until internal temperature reached 165°F. for at least 15 seconds. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Refrigerate until internal temperature reaches 41°F. Remove from refrigerator and break into crumbles.