We weigh food daily and have cut it down to an expected target for a hospital our size. Our staff repurposes leftovers, and we have tightened up on overpreparation and increased batch cooking. Additionally, we started daily refrigerator rounds to identify any food items that could potentially be wasted. Our staff is instructed to be thinking of recipe ideas, and we make immediate plans on how any leftovers can be used.
- Steal this idea: Make a mural
- Steal this idea: Appoint food waste champions
- Steal this idea: Motivational mail
- Steal this idea: Customer service cards
- Steal this idea: Best of the bunch
Jeanine DrakeDirector, Nutrition ServicesFlagstaff Medical CenterFlagstaff, AZSubmit your idea
Want breaking news at your fingertips?
Click here or text FSD to (877) 281-7554 to receive text alerts from FoodService Director and get the news and insights that matter to your operation.