In the realm of K-12 foodservice, offering a menu students enjoy eating that also meets nutrition requirements and works with budgets is non-negotiable. Operators know they need to choose wisely when selecting what products and ingredients to keep on hand to meet all of their needs. Adding a versatile protein to the lineup, such as Tyson® 100% All Natural*, Low Sodium Pulled Chicken gives operators the opportunity to make a variety of meals suitable for schools without having to stock a plethora of single-use ingredients. For instance, try these different recipes that are sure to be crowd-pleasers, many of which use tortillas, beans, pico de gallo and Tyson® Pulled Chicken.
- Tuscan Chicken Salad Wraps: A delicious, Italian-seasoned chicken salad and roasted tomatoes are wrapped tight in a sundried tomato-basil tortilla wrap to make this handheld, tasty lunch option.
- 901 Chicken Nachos: Put a tasty spin on classic nachos with this recipe, submitted by Chef T from Shelby County Schools in Tennessee. Top tortilla chips with Tyson® Pulled Chicken, pico de gallo and jerk barbecue sauce for a spicy kick.
- Al Pastor-Style Chicken Street Tacos: Serve soft corn flour tortillas with al pastor-inspired seasoned chicken and Spanish rice, topped with shredded lettuce, fire-roasted corn, pico de gallo and lime crema. This dish comes together in a snap.
- Sonoran Rice Bowls: Chicken tossed in taco seasoning, then placed over a bed of brown rice and topped with a spicy black bean and corn salsa is a great option for school lunches. Finish with a warm cheese sauce for added craveability!
- Fiesta Ranch Chicken Burritos: Perfect alongside a fiesta corn salad (that can be served hot or cold), these burritos pair pulled chicken simmered in a zesty salsa-ranch sauce with a whole-grain cheese-jalapeno tortilla and cilantro-lime seasoned rice.
- Chicken Fusion Tacos: Finally, try this recipe, also submitted by Chef T From Shelby County Schools in Tennessee. These fusion tacos feature pulled chicken combined with Asian slaw, gochujang sauce and shredded cheddar cheese, housed in crunchy taco shells. This unique combo of ingredients will keep diners coming back for more.
Made with all natural ingredients and chicken raised with no antibiotics ever, Tyson® Pulled Chicken is the perfect addition to any school’s foodservice lineup, and it can help maximize the budget and menu with ease. To learn more, click here.
This post is sponsored by Tyson K-12