Chef Sarah Stegner opened Prairie Grass Cafe 15 years ago in Northbrook, Ill., establishing a deep local connection with customers and farmers. That connection—and an evolving, seasonally driven menu—have kept the independent restaurant going strong through the years and particularly during these challenging times. Listen as chef Stegner talks about the creative initiatives she and her team have launched and how her focus on taste recognition has solidified her restaurant’s identity.
- ‘Downsize food portions,’ say consumers
- Velvet Taco launches exclusive menu at locations near 3 college campuses
- 4 versatile ingredients K-12 chefs are leaning on amid supply chain shortages
- How Panda Express’ Jimmy Wang tells stories through food
- NYC Health + Hospitals puts plant-based dishes front and center for patients
Want breaking news at your fingertips?
Click here or text FSD to (877) 281-7554 to receive text alerts from FoodService Director and get the news and insights that matter to your operation.