Chef Sarah Stegner opened Prairie Grass Cafe 15 years ago in Northbrook, Ill., establishing a deep local connection with customers and farmers. That connection—and an evolving, seasonally driven menu—have kept the independent restaurant going strong through the years and particularly during these challenging times. Listen as chef Stegner talks about the creative initiatives she and her team have launched and how her focus on taste recognition has solidified her restaurant’s identity.
- Chef Paul Fehribach showcases the Midwest's culinary diversity through 100 recipes
- How Sip Fresh is refreshing the beverage segment with mixology-inspired juice drinks
- Metz launches new 'stealth nutrition' strategy to promote healthy eating
- Delaware North's restaurant DNA drives menu development
- Chefs turn to fungi to plot the future of plant-based menus
Want breaking news at your fingertips?
Click here or text FSD to (877) 281-7554 to receive text alerts from FoodService Director and get the news and insights that matter to your operation.
Thanks for signing up!Click here to complete your profile
Listen to your daily news: FSD PodcastsNew episodes weekdays