Like districts nationwide, Lee's Summit R-7 School District in Lee's Summit, Mo., could not have foreseen the rollercoaster ride that 2020 would have in store. Nutrition Director Lori Danella shares how her team persevered through a year unlike any that came before it and found the willpower and resources to continue service, providing a record 225,000 meals in October. Part of their success came from Danella leveling with her employees, she says, and making sure they saw the "real" her: "They know I have the same stresses they do, and we all have the same goal in mind ... to feed our kids."Nominate an FSO of the Month
- At Bowdoin College, local sourcing and scratch cooking are baked into the ethos
- How Grand County School District fosters a ‘whole-child, whole-community’ approach
- How a team doubled staff satisfaction scores amid COVID and a management change
- Microsoft’s latest food hall takes a sustainability leap
- At Boston College, tech finds ways to complement 'old-school service'
Want breaking news at your fingertips?
Click here or text FSD to (877) 281-7554 to receive text alerts from FoodService Director and get the news and insights that matter to your operation.