Like districts nationwide, Lee's Summit R-7 School District in Lee's Summit, Mo., could not have foreseen the rollercoaster ride that 2020 would have in store. Nutrition Director Lori Danella shares how her team persevered through a year unlike any that came before it and found the willpower and resources to continue service, providing a record 225,000 meals in October. Part of their success came from Danella leveling with her employees, she says, and making sure they saw the "real" her: "They know I have the same stresses they do, and we all have the same goal in mind ... to feed our kids."Nominate an FSO of the Month
- Tech takes center stage at Ohio State
- MD Anderson Cancer Center makes staff well-being a top priority
- How St. Luke's Home feeds those in need on a budget
- How Viasat makes lunch the best part of the work day
- How San Luis Coastal Unified serves meals students can be proud of
Want breaking news at your fingertips?
Click here or text FSD to (877) 281-7554 to receive text alerts from FoodService Director and get the news and insights that matter to your operation.
Thanks for signing up!Click here to complete your profile
Listen to your daily news: FSD PodcastsNew episodes weekdays