White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
Chef Catherine Stewart
Jackson Academy, Lexington Independents
Cranberries and white chocolate chips give these cookies a festive look. A batch or two of this recipe can be whipped up quickly for a last-minute addition to the holiday cookie spread.
11 oz. unsalted butter, at room temperature
1½ cups packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1½ tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups self-rising flour
1½ cups white chocolate chips
¾ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- In large bowl with mixer at medium speed, cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
- Gradually mix in flour until all is incorporated; don’t overmix. Stir in white chocolate chips and cranberries until evenly distributed.
- With cookie scoop, scoop dough onto prepared baking sheets, pressing slightly to flatten dough. Refrigerate cookies for 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes until firm and lightly browned. Cool cookies completely on baking sheets.
Photo courtesy of Lexington Independents