Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Peach Ginger Slaw
Chef Francesca Zani
The Garnished Palate
New York City
Shrimp tacos are a familiar favorite, but chef Francesca Zani gives the recipe a twist by spiking the sauce with ginger and peaches. Crunchy ginger slaw and the peachy flavor give the tacos a summery spin.
1 lb. large shrimp
Salt to taste
8 oz. packaged cole slaw mix
½ cup frozen peach-ginger puree, thawed
½ cup chopped walnuts
¼ cup thinly sliced scallions
1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cup aioli
8 flour tortillas
1. Season shrimp with salt and oil. In medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the shrimp. Saute until they turn pink.
2. In a large bowl, combine coleslaw mixture with peach-ginger puree, walnuts, scallions and salt to taste.
3. In another sauté pan over medium-high heat, sauté chickpeas in olive oil until crispy. Season with salt to taste and set aside.
4. Heat tortillas on small griddle until bubbles begin to form; keep warm.
5. On serving plate, layer tortillas with aioli, shrimp, chickpeas and slaw.
Photograph courtesy of The Perfect Puree of Napa Valley