Eurest at Microsoft Dining
French crepes are a versatile carrier that work equally well with sweet or savory fillings. On the Microsoft campus, they are featured in an indulgent fall dessert. Thin crepes are stuffed with cinnamon whipped cream and grilled apples, then plated with more whipped cream and apples, along with cranberries and honey-candied pecans.
1 cup whole milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
3 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for brushing pan
3 each Honey Crisp apples
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup fresh cranberries for garnish
2 Granny Smith apples for garnish
Cinnamon Whipped Cream:
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup confectionary sugar
1 tbsp. cinnamon
Honey Candied Pecans:
2 cups pecans
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
Non-release cooking spray
1. To make crêpes: In blender, combine all ingredients and pulse for 10 seconds. Place crêpe batter in refrigerator for 1 hour. This allows bubbles to subside so crêpes will be less likely to tear during cooking.
2. Heat small non-stick pan and add butter to coat. Pour 1 oz. batter into center of pan and swirl to spread evenly. Cook for 30 seconds and flip. Cook for another 10 seconds and remove to cutting board. Lay crêpes out flat to cool. Continue until all batter is gone.
3. For grilled apples: Slice Honey Crisp apples into ½-in. wedges. Toss apples with melted butter and grill over medium heat until caramelized. Slice Granny Smith apples into rounds 1/8-in. thick and set aside.
4. For cinnamon whipped cream: In mixing bowl add cream, sugar and cinnamon. Whip to stiff peaks.
5. For honey candied pecans: Toast pecans in large sauté pan over medium heat for approximately 2 to 3 mins., then add honey and toss continuously to coat evenly. Turn heat to low for 30 seconds to caramelize honey. Turn off heat and toss nuts with granulated sugar while spraying non-release spray to keep nuts from sticking together. Lay pecans on sprayed sheet pan.
6. To assemble: Place cooked crêpe shell, browned side up, and layer with 2 oz. of cinnamon cream and grilled honeycrisp apples. Roll each side inwards, then roll front to back, making rolled crêpe like a burrito. Top with grilled Granny Smith apples, additional cinnamon whipped cream, fresh cranberries and candied pecans.