For the venison:
12 oz. Cervena venison Denver leg
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 oz. olive oil
For the salad:
2 large ripe tomatoes, cut into large pieces
4 basil leaves, chiffonade
4 oz. baby greens
3 oz. piece fresh buffalo mozzarella, cut into pieces
Extra virgin olive oil
House-made croutons, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Season venison with salt and pepper.
2. In large, heatproof sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add venison and sear on all sides.
3. Place pan in the oven; cook venison until medium-rare. Cool and let rest.
4. Toss together the salad ingredients and set aside.
5. For service, slice venison very thin. Mound salad on plate and surround with venison; drizzle with olive oil and Maldon salt. Garnish with house-made croutons.