Veal Chops with Smoky Sweet Potato Sauce
These grilled veal chops are a tantalizing delight. Sweet potatoes are mashed and thinned with apple juice and cream for an unusual sauce that delights the palate.
8 14-oz. veal chops
4 tsp. cinnamon
7 tsp. cumin
Sweet potato sauce:
3 cups sweet potatoes, grilled and mashed
2 cups apple juice, unsweetened
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (add 1 tsp. adobo sauce for added heat, if desired)
1⁄4 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper
1. Massage dry rub into chops; set aside.
2. To make sweet potato sauce, place mashed potatoes in food processor and slowly add apple juice.
3. Add chipotle peppers and process until completely combined. Add more apple juice if necessary.
4. Put mixture back into saucepan, season with salt and pepper, and simmer. Add cream and heat through.
5. Grill veal chops to desired doneness and serve with sweet potato sauce.