Texas-Style Burger<br> Featuring Heinz® Honey Barbeque Sauce
Burger lovers are trading up to more sophisticated, fun and creative burger selections with unique ingredients that cater to regional and ethnic tastes. Our meaty Texas-Style Burger is a hearty combination of sweet and spicy flavors inspired by the “bigger is better” credo of the Lone Star State.
Beef shoulder, 80% lean, ground – 1 lb., 4 oz.
Salt and pepper – To taste
Heinz® Honey Barbecue Sauce – 4 oz.
Burger buns, plain – 4
Sour cream ¬– 8 oz.
Iceberg lettuce, large leaves ¬– 8, 2 per burger
Refried beans – 5 oz.
Pickled jalapeños, sliced – 24 slices, 6 per burger
Bacon, crispy – 8 slices, 2 per burger
Mozzarella cheese, sliced ¬– 4 slices, 1 per burger
- Shape beef into four 5-oz. patties and press to 1⁄2” thickness.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and sear on both sides on a char grill, cooking to an internal temperature of 130°F.
- Brush with Heinz® Honey Barbecue Sauce, flip over and brush on other side. Allow to caramelize slightly on both sides.
- Toast burger buns and spread with sour cream.
- Place lettuce onto lower bun halves.
- Top cooked burger patties with refried beans, pickled jalapeños, bacon and cheese and broil to melt cheese.
- Assemble burger and serve.