Southwest Veggie Wrap
This recipe was developed with students and chefs through the Chefs Move to Schools program. These recipes were developed with Chef Ed Colleran, of Universal Studios. This dish features black beans, cucumbers, salsa and Monterrey Jack cheese and a romaine and spring mix.
1 tomato and herb tortilla
¼ cup coleslaw mix
¼ cup diced cucumbers
¼ cup black beans
½ cup salsa
¼ cup romaine mix
¼ cup spring mix
2 oz. shredded Monterrey Jack
1. If tortillas are not room temperature, place tortillas on lined sheet pan. Place in warmer for 30 minutes before assembling.
2. Drain and rinse black beans.
3. In bowl, mix coleslaw, diced cucumbers, black beans and salsa. Keep mixture refrigerated.
4. Mix romaine and spring mix.
5. To assemble wrap: Portion ¼ cup vegetable mixture on each tortilla. Top with 1 oz. cheese. Roll wrap. Cut in half, diagonall
Recipe by Orange County Public Schools, Orlando, Fla.