Smoky California Avocado, Shrimp, and White Bean Gazpacho
Already delicious gazpacho is elevated to a new level with the addition of shrimp, beans and avocado. The chips on the side are great for scooping every last bit goodness.
11 lb. tomatoes, peeled
2 lb. cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced
1 lb., 8 oz. red onions, diced
8 oz. shallots
1 1⁄2 qt. canned tomato juice
1 1⁄2 cups extra virgin olive oil
2⁄3 cup Sherry wine vinegar
4 oz. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped
2 lb. cooked rock shrimp, very coarsely chopped
1 lb. cooked cannellini beans
3 California avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
2 tbsp. salt
Tortilla chips and chopped cilantro, for garnish
1. Cut tomatoes in half horizontally. Over a bowl lined with a sieve, seed tomatoes, catching and reserving juice. Cut each half in two.
2. Puree tomato, cucumber, red onion, and shallot.
3. Stir in reserved fresh tomato juice, canned juice, oil, vinegar, and chipotle.
4. Stir in shrimp, beans, and avocado.
5. Stir in salt; chill 3 hr. to marry flavors.
6. Per order, ladle 11⁄2 cups into a serving bowl. Garnish with tortilla chips and cilantro.