Seafood and Scallion Linguine with Summer Squash and Blossoms
Clams, mussels, roasted lobster and scallions top a bed of linguine tossed in a fish stock with ginger, shallots, garlic and chili flakes, for a delightfully robust meal.
1-2 qt. fish stock
Few slices fresh ginger
4 whole shallots
4 garlic cloves
Crushed red chili flakes, to taste
2 Maine lobsters, split
1 doz. Maine mahogany clams
1 doz. mussels, cleaned
2 summer squash, julienned
8 squash blossoms
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 lb. fresh linguine
1. In stockpot, combine stock, ginger, shallots, garlic, and chili flakes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 min. to blend flavors.
2. Meanwhile, brush lobsters and scallions with garlic oil. Roast until tender.
3. Add clams and mussels to simmering stock; cook 3 min.
4. Add squash and blossoms to simmering stock; cook 3 min. longer, or until shellfish open and squash is tender-crisp. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Per serving: cook 4 oz. linguine in boiling, salted water until al dente. Toss with some of stock mixture, squash, and blossoms. Top with 3 clams, 3 mussels, half a lobster and cut-up scallions.