Sausage, Apple and Blue Cheese Pizza
Apples and blue cheese pair well with fennel flavored sausage in this great pizza variation. Carmelized onions are a great topper for this enticingly scented pizza.
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 large red onions, thinly sliced
2 tsp. fresh thyme, minced
1 green apple, thinly sliced
1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
1⁄2 lb. fennel sausage, browned
Pizza dough for a 9-in. round
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Caramelize red onion over low heat. Add fresh thyme, season to taste.
2. In a separate skillet, brown sausage; drain.
3. Work pizza dough into a thin 9-in. round. Place over a cornmeal-dusted pan or stone.
4. Layer pizza with sausage and apples, sprinkle with blue cheese and top with caramelized onions.
5. Bake in a 425° F. oven 15 min. or until brown and cheese is slightly melted.