Salted Carmel Budino
Sweeten up your dessert options with this flavorful and delicate dish.
3 cups whole milk
¼ cup cornstarch
¾ cup brown sugar
5 egg yolks
3 tbsp. butter
1 cup caramel sauce
2 tsp. rum
1 tsp. kosher salt
Salty pretzels, as needed
Dark chocolate, as needed
Whipped cream for assembly
Chocolate sauce or ganache for assembly
- Whisk ½ cup milk and cornstarch together in small bowl.
- Heat remaining milk to simmer.
- Whisk in brown sugar, temper in yolks and add cornstarch mixture. Heat while whisking, until thick.
- Remove from heat and stir in caramel, butter, rum and salt.
- Let chill.
- Melt dark chocolate.
- Crush salty pretzels.
- Stir into melted chocolate.
- Spread in thin layer on parchment paper and let set.
- Pour chocolate sauce or ganache into bottom of glass.
- Pipe chilled Budino on top of ganache.
- Top with rosette of whipped cream.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Sprinkle with crushed pretzels and top with piece of pretzel brittle.