Mexican Meat Loaf
A succulent meat loaf made with pork, beef, cheddar cheese, cilantro, cumin and salsa.
6 chipotles in adobo sauce
1 lb. ground pork
1 lb. ground beef
1⁄2 cup fresh bread crumbs, soaked in warm water
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. oregano leaves
Salt, to taste
1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
1⁄2 cup tomato salsa
Cilantro sprigs and lime wedges, for garnish
1. Drain and chop chipotles, reserving sauce.
2. In bowl, combine reserved adobo sauce, pork, beef, bread crumbs, eggs, cumin, oregano and salt; mix gently. Blend in cheese and cilantro.
3. Pat half the mixture into a standard loaf pan; spread chopped chipotles in an even layer over meat and pat remaining meat mixture on top.
4. Bake in 350 F oven for 50-60 minutes or until firm.
5. For service, slice meat loaf and top slices with salsa. Garnish with cilantro and lime.