Louisiana Wild American Shrimp Piquant
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 onion, minced
3 celery ribs, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 (14.5 oz.) can crushed tomatoes, with their juice
1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
1 large lemon, cut in thin slices
1 lb. Certified Wild American shrimp, peeled and deveined
Salt and pepper, to taste
1⁄2 tsp. Tabasco (or more to taste), optional
1⁄2 cup green onions, minced
1⁄2 cup parsley, minced
1. Heat oil in a 3-qt. saucepan.
2. Sauté the onions and celery until tender.
3. Add garlic, crushed tomatoes with their juice and tomato sauce. Stir and bring to a gentle boil.
4. Add lemon slices; cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Add shrimp, salt and pepper and Tabasco. Stir to coat well. Cook just until shrimp turns pink.
5. To serve, sprinkle with minced green onions and parsley.