Lemon grass Shrimp Skewer with Clementine & TABASCO Pepper Sauce
These skewers have a kick to them that can bring some fun to the meal. The recipe features shrimp, lemon grass, bay leaf, ginger root and clemenine.
36 shrimp, 16-20 count, raw, headless, peeled and deveined
2 lemon grass stalks, made into 12 5-in. skewers with core attached; reserve trimmings
3 cups water
1 cup white wine
1 bay leaf
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 tsp. ginger root
2 tbsp. Original TABASCO Pepper Sauce
1/2 cup honey
1/2 tsp. Original TABASCO Pepper Sauce
36 clementine segments, membrane removed
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. sweet soy sauce
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1 tsp. parsley, chopped
1 cup grapeseed oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 lb. tatsoi lettuce leaves
1 tbsp. TABASCO Green Jalapeño Pepper Sauce
4 leeks, cut into 1/4-in. rings, blanched in salt water
1. Place 3 shrimp per lemon grass skewer. Combine water, lemon grass trimmings, wine, bay leaf, cinnamon, ginger and first amount of Original TABASCO Pepper Sauce and bring to simmer. Allow to steep 20 mins. to extract flavors.
2. Place shrimp skewers into court bouillon and bring to simmer. Remove from heat; allow to steep for 2 mins. Do not overcook. Add ice to stop cooking process and reserve.
3. In small stainless steel sauce pan, bring honey and second amount of Original TABASCO Pepper Sauce to simmer. Add clementine segments and allow to steep for 2 mins. Remove from heat and reserve.
4. In bowl, blend mustard, soy sauce, vinegar and parsley. Slowly add grapeseed oil while whipping to emulsify. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Lightly toss the tatsoi lettuce with enough vinaigrette to coat leaves.
5. On chilled service plate, place tatsoi in center with three clementines on the side. Place small mound of blanched leek rings in center next to tatsoi and single lemon grass shrimp skewer on top. Season with drizzling of vinaigrette and pool small amount of TABASCO Green Jalapeño Pepper Sauce around edge in droplets.
Recipe by TABASCO