Key Lime Cheesecake Triangles
This classic take on key lime cheesecake is portioned to reduce calories. The recipe features graham cracker crumb crust, cream cheese and key lime juice.
11/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
6 tbsp. butter, melted
24 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 tbsp. cornstarch
2/3 cup key lime juice
1 tbsp. lime zest, grated
1. Combine graham cracker crumbs with butter. Press into bottom and partially up sides of 2-in. stainless half pan. Refrigerate.
2. In large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch with electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time, blending until smooth. Add key lime juice with mixer on low. Finish mixing by hand. Do not overbeat or cake will crack during baking. Pour batter into prepared crust.
4. Bake at 300°F for 55 to 65 mins., or until set. To minimize cracking, place shallow pan half full of hot water on lower rack during baking.
5. Turn oven off and let cheesecake stand in oven 30 mins. with door open at least 4 inches. Remove from oven. Refrigerate cake overnight and up to three days. Garnish with lime zest for service.
Recipe by Bucknell University, Lewisburg, Pa. (Parkhurst Dining Services)