Kale and Quinoa Salad
Fresh kale, craisins and quinoa combine to create this hearty and healthy salad.
½ cup craisins or dried cherries (plumped)
½ cup chopped fresh kale
1 cup vegetable stock (broth)
1 cup dry quinoa
1. Soak craisins or cherries in warm water overnight to plump, then drain off liquid.
2. Wash and chop kale into small bite-size pieces.
3. Bring stock to a rolling boil and add quinoa and cook until appropriate tenderness, approximately 7 to 10 minutes.
4. Rinse quinoa under cold water and drain well.
5. Mix all ingredients together and serve.
Recipe by Wexner Medical Center at Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio