Hazelnut Cappuccino Cookies
Crispy shortbread texture and a wonderfully sophisticated, modern taste. A perfect pairing with coffee.
1 1⁄2 cups hazelnuts, toasted, skins removed, and finely chopped
1 3⁄4 cups flour
1⁄4 tsp. salt
1 cup butter, softened
1⁄2 cup sugar
1⁄2 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp. instant coffee powder
2 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
1. Process hazelnuts in food processor until finely chopped. Sift flour and salt; set aside.
2. Cream butter, sugars, and coffee. Stir in flour mixture and hazelnuts until dough forms.
3. Shape dough into 1-in. balls and place on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten dough to 1⁄4-1⁄2 in. with bottom of glass.
4. Bake at 325°F for 16-18 min., until golden. Cool 2 min. and remove from pan.
5. Place chocolate in small bowl. Microwave on high 30-90 sec., stirring every 30 sec.,
until melted. Drizzle over cooled cookies; set until firm.