Grilled Marinated Turkey Filet
The marinade is what infuses this turkey with such great flavor. Wine, honey, ginger and garlic combine as a delicious combination. Make sure to serve with potatoes so none of the sauce is left on the plate.
9 oz. candied ginger
3 oz. white wine
12 oz. honey
2 bone-in turkey breasts, about 6 lb. each
1⁄2 lb. turkey bacon
1⁄4 cup olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium onion, small dice
1 medium carrot, small dice
1 stalk celery, diced
Roasted turkey bones, from 2 carcasses
1 tbsp. sea salt
1 tbsp. ground black pepper
1 tbsp. parsley, chopped
1 bay leaf
6 sprigs fresh thyme
2 cups dry red wine
6 cups turkey stock
Roasted garlic potatoes, if desired
Braised kale, if desired
1. In a blender, puree ginger, wine and honey until smooth.
2. Slice turkey breasts across the grain forming 12 filets. Wrap each with bacon and secure with a toothpick. Cover filets with reserved honey-ginger marinade and refrigerate at least 12 hr.
3. Meanwhile, in a large pot, heat oil and sauté garlic, onion, carrots and celery until caramelized. Add bones, salt, pepper, parsley, bay leaf and thyme. Deglaze pan with red wine, lower heat and reduce by half. Add stock and bring to a boil. Lower heat and reduce by half again. Strain liquid, return to pot and reduce until thick and syrupy. Reserve warm.
4. Remove filets from marinade and pat dry. Grill on each side over a hot flame to make marks, then transfer to a 325° F oven until cooked thoroughly, approx. 12-15 min. Allow to rest 5 min. before serving.
5. Per order: Nap turkey filets with turkey reduction and serve with roasted garlic potatoes and braised kale, if desired.