These grilled bananas have a great balance of sweet and savory. Plus, they are quick and easy to prepare.
Bananas as needed
Dash coriander powder
Dash cumin powder
Dash guajillo chile powder (or any mild or hot chili powder you like)
Dash turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw)
Dash sea salt, finely grind
Chopped cilantro for garnish
Limes for juicing onto finished bananas
- Cut ends off unpeeled bananas, cut in half lengthwise.
- Lightly sprinkle inside bananas with touch of each of the seasonings.
- Place bananas flesh side down on lightly oiled or sprayed flat grill (or cast iron pan on medium heat).
- Cook bananas for 3 to 5 minutes, until slightly softened and caramelized (deep golden brown) and remove from heat.
- Finish with fresh squeezed lime juice and chopped cilantro. Serve as an accompaniment with grilled and spicy dishes.