Grilled Ahi Nicoise with Pea Shoots & Wrinkled Olive Tapenade
Luscious Ahi tuna is grilled and served Nicoise style. A flavorful tapenade joins the beans, tomatoes, potatoes and olives and a drizzle of lemon juice brightens all the flavors.
6 tuna fillets, 4 oz. each
Olive oil for rubbing onto tuna
6 cups fresh pea shoots
8 oz. baby French green beans, blanched and chilled
8 oz. tiny red potatoes, cooked, chilled
1 pt. cherry tomatoes
1/2 pt. niçoise-style olives
Lemon juice, for drizzling
Freshly ground black pepper
Olive tapenade and lemon wedges, for garnish
1. Light a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill.
2. Rub both sides of the tuna fillets with olive oil and grill over med. heat for 3 min. per side.
3. Arrange pea shoots, beans, potatoes, tomatoes, and olives on platter.
4. Drizzle with the lemon juice and a few cranks of black pepper.
5. Place the grilled fillets alongside, and garnish with a spoonful of the tapenade and fresh lemon wedges.