East Meets Northwest
A turkey wrap could be dull. This one's anything but. Pears and Asian seasonings bring perfection to this warm wrap. Sweet and savory make it delicious.
2 qt. rice, uncooked
1 1⁄2 cans Pacific Northwest pear slices (#10 cans), syrup reserved
1 qt. cider vinegar
1⁄2 cup tomato paste
1⁄2 cup soy sauce
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. powdered ginger (optional)
2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
8 lb. chicken or turkey breasts, cut into 1⁄8-in. strips
4 tsp. garlic powder
4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. pepper
3 qt. canned cut green beans
1⁄2 cup cornstarch
1⁄2 cup water
50 flour tortillas
1. Cook rice according to package directions. Keep warm.
2. In saucepan, mix reserved syrup, vinegar, tomato paste, soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger. Simmer until mixture thickens slightly; reserve.
3. In large wok or skillet, heat oil until hot. Add chicken or turkey, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium, cook mixture thoroughly.
4. Stir in beans, pears, and reserved sauce. Simmer just until heated through. Mix cornstarch and water together and add to pan, stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat.
5. Per order, portion 3⁄4 cup turkey-pear mixture and 1⁄2 cup rice onto a tortilla and roll up to form a wrap.