Lump crabmeat, buttery avocado and herbed vinaigrette dressing join together in this tall, layered salad. With a variety of textures and colors, the end result is worth the time and effort to build.
For the avocado cream:
2 ripe California avocados, peeled and diced
1⁄4 cup prepared herb vinaigrette
1⁄4 cup sour cream
1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper, to taste
For the salad:
4 ripe California avocados
Fresh lemon juice, as needed
12 oz. baby salad greens
2 lb. 4 oz. fresh lump crab meat
Fresh pea shoots, for garnish
1. Make the avocado cream: Puree avocados until almost smooth. Add vinaigrette, sour cream, and lemon juice; puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve.
2. Just before service, slice avocados for salad; brush with lemon juice. Reserve.
3. Per order, toss 11⁄2 cups salad greens with 1 tbsp. avocado cream; arrange on plate.
4. Place 1⁄3 cup crab meat (11⁄2 oz.) on greens, then top with 3-4 avocado slices (about 1⁄3 of an avocado).
5. Repeat layers with remaining greens, crab, and avocado slices.
6. Garnish with pea shoots. Dot plate with avocado cream for added garnish, if desired.