Coffee Granita and Almond Ice
This combination of one scoop of sweet cinnamon and Coffee Granita paired with a scoop of Almond Milk Ice, garnished with sliced almonds is sure to delight.
3 qt. water
14 oz. sugar
4 oz. ground espresso
3 cinnamon sticks
8 cardamom pods, crushed
1 star anise
Almond Milk Ice:
4 cups (1 lb.) whole blanched almonds, toasted
1 qt. whole milk
3 qt. half & half, divided
2 cups sugar
1 bottle (750 ml.) almond syrup
6 cups sliced almonds, toasted
1. Prepare Granita: In a large pot, bring all ingredients to a boil. Turn off heat; steep 15 min.
2. Strain into a 2-in. deep hotel pan. Freeze, stirring every few hours. Break into chunks.
3. Prepare Almond Ice: Bring whole almonds, milk, 1 qt. half & half, and sugar to a boil. Remove from heat, cool, and puree.
4. Strain; stir in 2 qt. half & half and syrup. Pour into a 4-in. deep hotel pan. Freeze, whisking every few hours.
5. Per serving: In a tall glass, layer sliced almonds, granita, and almond Ice. Garnish with sliced almonds.