Citrus Sweet Potatoes
At Virginia Tech University, in Blacksburg, the dining services team had to create hundreds of recipes for the campus’s new Turner Place at Lavery Hall dining facility. Mark Moritz, senior executive chef, says that with these recipes he and the team felt it was key to keep things simple, which is exactly what he did with his Citrus Sweet Potatoes for the Southern portion of the grill station.
Pan spray as needed
Zest of 2 oranges
Zest of 2 lemons
2 oz. orange juice concentrate
1 tbsp. salt
3 lb. peeled, sliced thin sweet potatoes
3 lb. peeled, sliced thin russet potatoes
2 cups heavy cream
1. Spray baking pan with pan spray. Spread orange and lemon zest evenly over pan.
2. Add orange juice concentrate and salt.
3. Alternate layers of sweet and russet potatoes in pan. Add heavy cream.
4. Cover pan and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
5. Remove cover and bake for 15 minutes.