Butternut Squash, Bacon, and Kale Three Cheese Pasta
From bacon to butternut squash, this colorful dish is filled with many flavors and features three different types of cheese.
30 oz. cooked ziti
6 3/4 oz. bacon, diced
10 3/4 oz. 1/4-in. diced onions
1 lb. + 6 oz. butternut squash, peeled, 1/2-in. diced
3/4 oz. minced garlic
9 1/4 oz. chopped kale
56 oz. béchamel sauce
9 oz. shredded Swiss cheese
3/4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 oz. grated Romano cheese
- Pre-prep: Cook pasta slightly less than al dente.
- Sauté bacon until fat is rendered and crispy. Add onions, squash and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add chopped kale and cook until it starts to wilt, using little water if needed. Remove mixture from heat and reserve.
- Combine pasta, béchamel sauce, bacon and kale mixture and mozzarella and Swiss cheeses.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir to evenly incorporate, taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Transfer to greased hotel pan and sprinkle with Romano cheese.
- Cover and bake in preheated 375°F oven, until 165°F internal temperature. Remove foil before done, so top gets golden brown.