The flavors of summer shine in this energizing, nutrient-filled smoothie. It features fresh blueberries, Greek yogurt and fresh mango, plus chili powder and cayenne for an extra kick. The sweet blueberry compote tops off this two-layer refresher while making a visual statement on the table.
2 cups Blueberry Compote (recipe below)
12 oz. (1 1/2 cups) low-fat vanilla Greek yogurt, divided
1 large mango, peeled, pitted, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. cayenne
Yield: about 2 cups
16 oz. frozen blueberries, thawed
2 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. cornstarch
1. Prepare Blueberry Compote; cover and chill.
2. In blender, combine 6 ounces yogurt, mango, chili powder and cayenne; blend until smooth.
3. Divide mango mixture between two 16-ounce cups; set aside.
4. Rinse blender and place Blueberry Compote and remaining yogurt in blender; blend until smooth. Check consistency; dilute with water or milk if needed.
5. Slowly pour half blueberry mixture on top of each of mango smoothies for two-layer effect.
- In large saucepan, toss blueberries with sugar and cornstarch. Bring to a boil, stirring; reduce heat to low and simmer until blueberries are heated through and sauce is slightly thickened. Add additional sugar if needed. Allow to cool; cover and chill.