Black & White Ice Cream Sandwiches
The ice cream of your choice sandwiched between tender sugar cookies dipped in white and dark chocolate for a dressed up version of an old favorite.
Assorted ice cream flavors
3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
10 tbsp. sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1⁄4 cups flour
1⁄4 tsp. salt
6 oz. white chocolate, melted
6 oz. semisweet chocolate, melted
1. Drop 1⁄3-cup mounds of ice cream onto waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Flatten and shape each into a 2-in. circle; freeze.
2. Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla; add flour and salt until soft dough forms.
3. Roll out dough to 13- x 10-in. rectangle. Transfer to baking sheet; refrigerate until firm.
4. Cut dough into 2-in. circles. Line baking sheet with parchment; place circles on top. Bake in 300°F oven 20 min., until cookies are firm; cool.
5. Dip half of each cookie in white chocolate; let set. Dip into dark chocolate; freeze.
6. Sandwich ice cream circles between two cookies; garnish with raspberry puree.