Emerging Trends: Orange Vegetables Dominate 2012's Top 10 Recipes
Feb. 15—Pumpkin and sweet potato could be making a move outside the traditional Thanksgiving dinner menu. Allrecipes.com compiled the following list of the year’s top recipes, and five feature one of the two orange vegetables. That’s good news for school foodservice directors looking for ways to meet new vegetable requirements. Click through for the full recipes.
1. Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread
2. Southern Peach Cobbler
3. Yummy Sweet Potato Casserole
4. Apple Pie by Grandma Ople
5. Mom’s Zucchini Bread
6. Gourmet Sweet Potato Classic
7. Country Apple Dumplings
8. Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake
9. Boilermaker Tailgate Chili
10. Iced Pumpkin Cookies
The recipes were selected based on Internet searches, views, ratings, recipe box saves and social media shares.