Originally from Argentina, the term chimichurri refers to a sauce used for grilled meat. This version uses garlic, cilantro, red pepper, cumin, coriander, honey, parsley and thyme.
1 tsp. grapeseed oil
2 Christopher Ranch California green garlic bulbs, chopped fine
1 small bunch flat Italian leaf parsley, washed, only leaves
1 bunch cilantro, washed, only leaves
1⁄4 tsp. crushed, seeded red pepper
1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
11⁄2 cups olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat sauté pan on low and add grapeseed oil. Add chopped green garlic and sauté until lightly golden brown. Remove and set aside.
2. Add green garlic, parsley, cilantro, crushed red pepper, red vinegar, cumin, honey, thyme and coriander in blender. Blend evenly.
3. While blender is on high speed, drizzle in olive oil.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Drizzle over grilled steak or broiled filet of salmon.
Recipe by Christopher Ranch