In an interview with Bon Appetit magazine, Sam Schiffer, line cook at Di Alba in Los Angeles, recommends cutting onions straight into ice-cold water to keep eyes from watering. Submerging the vegetable in water helps eliminate the tear-inducing gas that onions release when cut.
- Steal this idea: Move ahead
- Steal this idea: Brighten up the line
- Steal this idea: Pedaling for smoothies
- Steal this idea: Offer application assistance
- Steal this idea: Push to talk
Sam SchifferLine cookDi AlbaLos Angeles, CASubmit your idea