Source: Grandview Medical Center (Dayton, Ohio)
Great for display cooking, marinated steak, vegetables and rice quickly and easily combine with a simple sauce for a tasty wok-prepared dish.
Ginger as needed
Garlic as needed
3 ½ oz. prepared flank steak (recipe follows)
¾ cup prepared rice (recipe follows)
2 ½ cups prepared vegetable mixture (recipe follows)
Prepared Stir Fry Sauce to taste (recipe follows)
Green onions, chopped (for garnish)
Sesame seeds (for garnish)
Yield: Approximately 12 3.5-ounce portions
3 lb. flank steak
1 tbsp. ground ginger
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper for seasoning
Simple Stir-fry Sauce
Yield: 4 cups
2 tsp. sesame oil
2 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
1 tbsp. fresh garlic, minced
3 cups water
1/4 cup Minor’s Gluten Free Chicken Base or your choice of base
3 tbsp. hoisin sauce
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1/4 cup sugar
2.5 tbsp. water + 2.5 tbsp. cornstarch combined to make slurry
1/4 cup bottled lime juice
3 lb. Napa cabbage, chopped
1 1/2 cups carrots, shredded
2 cups red pepper, thinly sliced julienne
4 cups broccoli florets, blanched
Yield: 2 quarts
2 tsp. olive oil
2 tsp. garlic minced
4 cups water
2 tsp. Minor’s Gluten Free Chicken Base or your choice of base
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups parboiled brown rice
Olive oil to taste
2 cups farro, cooked, chilled (follow package direction to cook)
- In medium size sauté pan or wok, heat small amount of olive oil over high heat and toss in small amount of fresh minced garlic and ginger for aromatics.
- Add meat; cook for 10 seconds.
- Add rice and vegetables; toss briefly. (Be careful not to overcook cabbage or it will wilt and turn dark, ugly green color.)
- Quickly add desired amount of sauce, enough to coat vegetables. Toss until heated through.
- Place in serving bowl and garnish with green onion and sesame seeds. Note: Cook time should not exceed 1 ½ minutes.
- Remove any excess fat from steak.
- Combine ginger, garlic powder, soy sauce and olive oil and rub mixture over steak; marinate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Season steak with salt and pepper; grill to desired doneness. Let rest for 20 minutes; thinly slice against grain and on bias, cool until ready for use.
Simple Stir-fry Sauce
- In medium sauce pot, heat oil over low heat. Add ginger and garlic; sauté until aroma is apparent.
- Add water, chicken base, hoisin, soy and sugar; bring to a light simmer.
- Thicken with cornstarch slurry; adjust consistency to your liking.
- Add lime juice and remove from heat. Cool until ready to use.
- Combine all ingredients; refrigerate until ready for use.
- In medium pot over low heat, add oil and sauté garlic. Add water and base, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add brown rice and reduce to a light simmer. Cover and cook for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Pour onto sheet tray and cool.
- Toss rice with a little olive oil and mix in farro; refrigerate until ready to serve.