Individual Pizzas with Eggs and Avocados
Chef Mani Niall
Sweet Bar Bakery
Breakfast pizzas are becoming more popular, but this version fits just as well into the lunch, dinner or late-night menu. Chef Mani Niall of Sweet Bar Bakery keeps it fresh and colorful with the addition of an avocado topping along with the traditional bacon and eggs.
1½ lb. bacon slices
5¼ lb. pizza dough
6 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
Salt and pepper, to taste
Hot sauce, to taste
- Preheat pizza stone in 500 F. oven. Cook bacon slices in large skillet over medium heat until done, but not crisp. Drain on paper towel-lined plate; set aside. Cut bacon into small pieces.
- Divide pizza dough into 12 pieces, each about 7 ounces. Shape each piece into a 9-inch round, dusting with flour as needed.
- For each pizza, mash half an avocado with salt and pepper to taste. Spread mashed avocado over prepared dough, leaving a wide rim at edges. Sprinkle two slices of bacon over avocado. Crack one egg into center of crust. Repeat with remaining pizza dough and toppings.
- Slide the pizza onto hot pizza stone and bake for 5 to 8 minutes, depending on desired doneness of the egg.
- Slide pizza out of the oven and onto a plate, garnishing with a swirl of hot sauce. Each pizza serves one.
Photo courtesy of California Avocado Commission