Source: Thibodaux Regional Medical Center
Incorporate fresh kiwis and raspberries into your menu with these sweet dessert crepes.
6 oz. butter
2 1/2 lb. flour
1 oz. salt
2 oz. sugar
2 1/2 lb. eggs
2 3/4 qt. milk
4 qts. fat-free, sugar-free vanilla yogurt
3 1/4 pt. raspberries
16 kiwis, peeled, diced
1/2 cup lime juice
4 tbsp. lime zest
2 cups substitute sweetener
1 tbsp. granola
2 qt. raspberry sauce
2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
Mint, for garnish
1. For crepes: Melt butter. Sift dry items.
2. Beat eggs until fluffy. Add milk and butter. Add dry items and mix until smooth.
3. Grill #20 scoops on hot griddle or crepe pan.
4. For filling: Mix yogurt with diced fruit, lime juice, lime zest and half of Splenda.
5. Fill each crepe with 4 1/2 ounces yogurt filling and sprinkle with granola. Roll tightly and chill.
6. For service: Place 1 1/4 ounces raspberry sauce on a plate.
7. Mix remaining sweetener and cinnamon. Sprinkle crepes with cinnamon-sweetener mix and add to plates.
8. Garnish with kiwi slices, raspberries, granola and mint as desired.
Yield: 50 crepes