For an unconventional take on breakfast, try this peach pizza, which also features dried cranberries, goat cheese and cinnamon.
6 tbsp. unsalted butter
1⁄4 cup brown sugar
5 fresh peaches, peeled, sliced
1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
1 oz. goat cheese
1 16-oz. ball pizza dough
1 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. sugar
2 cups vanilla pastry cream
11⁄2 cups premade streusel crumb topping
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Melt butter and mix half of butter with brown sugar in large pan. Reserve remaining butter. Bring butter and sugar to boil and add fresh peach slices.
3. Slightly cook peaches in sugar for about 5 minutes. Just before end of cooking, add dried cranberries. Remove from heat and cool.
4. Work pizza dough into 12-in. round. If baking in pizza oven, place round directly onto wooden pizza peel. For standard oven baking, wire screen is suggested.
5. Mix cinnamon and sugar. Brush dough with remaining melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
6. Spread pastry cream on top of dough, then shingle peach slices in circular pattern on top.
7. Using slotted spoon, sprinkle cranberries over top of peaches without adding extra caramel. Finish by topping with even distribution of streusel crumb topping.
8. Bake at 400°F in preheated oven until crust is golden brown and crumb topping is toasted, about 18 minutes. Slice and serve warm.
Recipe by Sullivan University