Chicken Breakfast Biscuit
A whole grain biscuit filled with scrambled eggs, cheese, spinach and Peppered Chicken Gravy made with Campbell’s® Healthy Request® Cream of Chicken Soup.
- Campbell’s® Healthy Request® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup, 50 oz. can: 1 can
- reduced fat Cheddar cheese, shredded: 2 c.
- whole grain biscuit, 1.5 oz. each: 32
- pasteurized liquid egg: 8 c.
- vegetable cooking spray
- ground red pepper: 1/4 tsp.
- black pepper, ground: 1 tsp.
- onion, minced: 2 cups
- vegetable oil: 2 tbsp.
- ground turkey sausage, cooked(bulk), crumbled: 6 oz.
- nonfat milk: 4 c.
- Frozen spinach: 12 c.
1. Thaw frozen spinach. Drain well. Reserve. CCP: Hold for cold service at 41°F until needed.
2. In saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onion, black and red pepper. Sauté 5 minutes, or until onions just begin to brown.
3. Stir in Campbell's® Healthy Request® Cream of Chicken Soup and milk. Bring to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
4. Mix in sausage. Return to a simmer. Reserve. CCP: Heat to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F for 1 minute. CCP: Hold for hot service at 140°F or higher until needed.
5. Drain thawed spinach well. Squeeze until dry.
6. Spray pan with cooking spray. Over medium heat, soft scramble eggs with drained spinach. Remove from heat. Reserve. CCP: Heat to a minimum internal temperature of 145°F for 1 minute. CCP: Hold for hot service at 140°F or higher until needed.
7. To assemble: Split each biscuit and place, open-side-up, on a clean, flat surface. On to the bottom half, place the following:
- 1/3 c. (#16 scoop) egg-spinach mixture
- 1 tbsp. (#60 scoop) shredded cheese
- 1/4 c. (2 oz. ladle) chicken sausage gravy
8. Place top of biscuit over cheese. Wrap in foil. Serve immediately. CCP: Hold for hot service at 140°F or higher until needed.
Yield: 32 biscuits